Monday, August 13, 2012

Teachers of The Path

I never meant to come this way... To travel in this strange direction...
Unknown Masters of Reality trick us along "The Way"...

"Brother, where are you going?" he asked.

He was a Buddhist Monk .. travelling unseen in the wilderness .. the places we fear most of all. Perhaps his journey crossed thousands, tens of thousands, millions of years .. who knows?

"Brother, where are you going?" he asked.

I had spent my entire life - seeking "The Way".

"Where are you going?"

Ahead of me the mountains were high and covered with snow. These mountains were the highest mountains in the world. Towering above me .. rock and stone .. colour and light .. wind and air .. pressure and intensity.

"Brother, where are you going?" he asked.

He was a Buddhist Monk, dressed in traditional robes of the ancient peoples. He appeared to be younger than I .. but appearances can be deceptive. I was - at that time - 60 years old... and the Monk? Who knows how old he was?

"Brother, which path do you seek?" he asked.

Teachers of The Path
The towering mountains shimmered before my mind .. the Buddhist Monk faded .. ever so slowly .. in front of my eyes. The mind or the human eye? Which is accurate? Which one is the path to truth? Where do I find truth?

I finally had to accept that I was lost...

Exhausted, I fell face down onto the rocky, sandy slope of the highest mountain in the world.

"You do not choose," they said, "you do not choose... we decide... "

I lay defeated .. my entire life .. seeking "The way".

How can you know compassion? Other than compassion for your own self?

The energy of the ancient ones penetrated my innermost being. When and how did I forget? How could I not know? How could I spend my entire life searching for truth and do not find the subtle reality that I sought?

I was utterly defeated.

"You do not choose... we decide... " they said ...

How could I be so lost? How?

In despair I pressed the skin of my face against the sand and stone of the eternal mountain. Do we lose sight of who we are or do we discover the truth in the energy of our own existence?

We decide...

I fell asleep on the extreme mountain slopes and some strange energy awoke inside me above the Center of Initiation. I was .. I am .. I see .. I understand .. the teachers of the path show us who we are... lifetime after lifetime.

All that it takes is a realisation...

"Brother, where are you going?" he asked.

I reached out my hand...

Where are you going?